Alpha Epsilon Phi was founded by 7 Jewish Women; Ida Beck Carlin, Lee Reis Leibert, Helen Phillips Lipman, Rose Gerstein Smolin, Rose Salmowitz Marvin, Stella Strauss Sinsheimer, and Augustina “Tina” Hess Solomon; on October 24, 1909 at Barnard College in New York City. The founding sisters of AEPhi dreamed of forming a sorority where exceptional women of all backgrounds, religions, interests, and varying beliefs would be welcomed with open arms. This sorority would endeavor to foster lifelong friendship, sisterhood, academics, social involvement and community service, all the while providing a home away from home for its members Our Phi Omega Chapter of Alpha Epsilon Phi was founded at Northeastern University on May 6th, 1990. Today, AEPhi has installed more than 100 chapters and celebrated its 100th anniversary in October of 2009.
Many Hearts, One Purpose
Green & White
Three columned, Greek temple, encircled
by green incense
Each column holds a special significance
Lily of the Valley